The holidays can be a very difficult time to be seen and heard, especially as a small business. People are on the go, have many things to do; yet, we still want to attract a quick moment of their attention to hopefully convert them into a long lasting customer. How the heck can we do this? Here are some tips:
- DATA: Using whatever analytics you have access to, figure out the products that are most in-demand for your customers in order to give them a deal they can’t find elsewhere.
- PERKS: Competitive perks such as free shipping, gift-wrapping options and guaranteed-before-Christmas delivery dates are a sure way to turn some heads.
- ONLINE: Do not ignore your online presence. People are looking for convenience; therefore, give them the convenience of purchasing and shipping your product from online right to their door.
- RELATIONSHIPS: Nurture the relationships you have with valued clients and partners. Send them a hand written note to thank them for their business in the past year and wish them a happy holiday season.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Social media is an excellent opportunity for small businesses to connect with customers on a personal level and manage customer relationships by offering in-store or online discounts for customers who follow or “Like”. Ensure to keep your followers captivated by posting visually heavy, compelling content for the holiday season.
- EMPLOYEES: Reward your own employees and share the joy of the holiday season! Remember, a happy employee makes a happy customer. As Richard Branson stated, “The way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers.” Nevertheless, in the midst of the crazy holiday season, don’t forget about the people who make your business run; throw them a holiday party or arrange a secret Santa throughout the office.
- NEW YEAR: Analyze the past and prepare for the future! The New Year means a fresh start to grow your business and create great opportunities for yourself, employees and clients.
With that said, the team at BizON would like to wish you and your family a happy and joyful holiday season and a new year filled with great opportunities!
From The Desk of BizON
Health. Happiness. Family. Success.
Remember, if you are interested in receiving the latest business news, insights and opportunities from BizON, click here. Also, if you are not a member yet, what are you waiting for? Click here!