Today I turn the big 3-0, which is an exciting milestone and the beginning of a new chapter in my life. As I look back at my life so far, here are 30 things I’m grateful for:
- My son – for giving me a higher purpose.
- My wife – for believing in me.
- My father – for teaching me the importance of family & business.
- My mother – for teaching me the importance of love & how to get shit done!
- My sisters – for putting up with their big bro and constantly listening to my pitches (haha)! You both inspire me to do what I love.
- My nephews – for making me laugh.
- My nieces – for making my heart melt.
- My pets – for teaching me about responsibility and love.
- My health – without you nothing would be possible!
- My grandparents – for their sacrifices in coming to a new country with very little and huge barriers to succeed- but they did it!
- My uncles – for spoiling me.
- My aunts – for loving me.
- My cousins – for being my best friends.
- My first goalie coach – for teaching me to take one period at a time in order to play the perfect game. This applies to me in business as well…baby steps towards bigger visions!
- Hockey – for moulding the person I am today through hard work, commitment, team work, drive, passion, and so much more, I owe this to you!
- My friends – for putting up with me!
- My ex friends – for helping me understand how important it is to have the right people in your life.
- My ex girlfriends – for leading me to the love of my life!
- Traveling – for teaching me that the world truly doesn’t revolve around one person or thing.
- Ted Rogers School of Management – for helping me find my passion in life – Creation via entrepreneurship.
- My Laptop – for giving me the opportunity to build businesses and communicate with people from all over the world.
- Coffee – for keeping me up!
- Technological advances – need I say more? Thank you, thank you, thank you – it’s such a wonderful time to be alive!
- My failures – for helping me understand that it’s only bringing me one step closer to success.
- My successes – for teaching me that with hard work, persistence and purpose, anything is possible.
- The financial crisis in 2007/2008 – for teaching me the importance of family and how you can get through anything.
- Moving 10+ times – for teaching me the importance of change and how to be adaptable in certain situations.
- Mentors – for providing me with valuable advice and guidance professionally and personally.
- Living in Canada – for providing me with a safe environment in which I can truly work hard towards my dreams and provide a great life for my family!
- For all the people taking the time out of their day to read this – I’m grateful!
And a bonus one that I am extremely grateful for:
Being alive to see 30!
On behalf of Nunzio Presta From The Desk of BizON
Health. Happiness. Family. Success.